[Unitree Go2] The method to receive ROS2 topics over a wireless connection

Hello. I recently purchased a Unitree GO2 Edu and am preparing for secondary development. However, I am facing a significant issue. I want to use wireless communication in the intended environment, but I haven’t been able to make it work properly. The Go2 is connected to a wireless adapter and has access to Wi-Fi. The PC is also connected to the same Wi-Fi network, and I have confirmed connectivity through ping and SSH connections. What I am currently trying to do is receive ROS2 topics and display point cloud data in Rviz2. While I was able to receive the ROS2 topics when connected via a wired connection, I cannot see the topics over the wireless connection. Could someone guide me on how to resolve this issue? Although my knowledge is limited, I have tried changing the network interface names in cyclonedds.xml and setup.sh, but it hasn’t worked.

My environment is as follows:

• Unitree GO2: ROS2 Foxy
  • PC: ROS2 Humble (Docker container)

Dear @ume0315

I hope that you are doing well.

I would like to refer you to our topic which is addressing the problem you are facing.

Dear @Azib

Thank you for your response. I have also reviewed the topics that seem related to my issue, but I have not been able to resolve it yet. I have referred to the four suggestions provided in the topics you mentioned as potential solutions.

Regarding the first suggestion about the firewall, I executed several verification commands and found no issues. Given that I am able to receive ROStopic over a wired connection, I believe the firewall is not the problem.

For the second suggestion, on the Go2, I executed “ifconfig” and only replaced the network interface name with “eth0” as originally mentioned. Could this be where the issue lies? If there are other settings that I should configure, I would appreciate your guidance.

Regarding the third suggestion, I have confirmed that $ROS_DOMAIN_ID is set to 0 and is consistent across the setup.

As for the fourth suggestion, I am not very familiar with it, so I am unsure if it is the cause. If you could provide a method for verifying this, it would be greatly appreciated.

If you have any specific solutions, I would be grateful for your assistance.

Even when I accessed the Go2 GUI and launched Rviz2 on the Go2 itself, I was unable to confirm the topics such as LiDAR. Is there a specific command required to start these topics? When using a wired connection, I could confirm the LiDAR point cloud topics without performing any operations on the Go2 side, so I am unsure what might be causing this issue.

Dear @ume0315,

The default topics of unitree do not go over WiFi. Once you use our repository qre_go2; with a change to the go2_bringup cyclone.xml file, the topics should appear.

Please ensure that your WiFi module on Go2 has sufficiently high bandwidth.

Thank you for your response. So, the default topics are not transmitted by default… I’m glad to have understood why it wasn’t working. It seems like I will need to write everything from scratch to send and receive topics via Wi-Fi. This seems quite challenging, especially since I just started working with ROS. Unfortunately, it appears that I purchased the Unitree Go2 EDU from a different source, and I am unable to access the repositories you created. Is there any chance that repository access is sold separately? I appreciate your support.

@Azib can you check if we can provide?

Earlier, I came across a topic where another user mentioned that some changes are necessary in the network settings to use the qre_go2 in a container. Currently, I am using a container for my connection, and I have completed the setup to the point where I can replicate several parts of the official documentation. I believe I might be able to offer some assistance regarding container-related matters.