[Unitree Go2 Pro] Use custom app to do operations like with Unitree mobile app

Hello,
I have the Go2 Pro robot and I managed to use the functionality offered by the mobile app. The question is how I can do the same (i.e., building Scratch scripts, using autonomous navigation mode, building complex sequences like “go to the defined point, then execute the defined Scratch program” in more custom way - I’m particularly interested in building some custom app doing the same. If the app can connect to the robot wirelessly, then the same should be possible with other tools. The SDK is currently only supported for Edu version.

Dear all,

thanks for your message.

As what I have understood, I would say it is not possible with the Pro Version - For building some kind of autonomy you are needing the EDU version.

Have a nice day!

Hello,
thank you for the response. Yes, I found the same information in the Go2 documentation, however I was curious if there are other solutions implemented by the community - I can see it works quite fine.

And maybe one more question that came to my mind: what is the backend used by the mobile app? It has to use some SDK, but the questions is if the source code for the app or for the SDK is available or if it’s under some license, thus making this not available in any repository.

Dear @pm-itit,

The source code for the app is closed source, the SDK is available in unitree docs but again it can only be used if you are using the edu version (sdk).

Furthermore, We provide additional ros2 drivers to customers who partnered or purchased the Go2 from us.

Hello,
thank you for that response. Regarding additional ros2 drivers, is it something more than what was described in the documetation (Go2 Documentation | QUADRUPED ROBOTICS)? I read it, but it also says about Edu version. I tried these steps as well (I used my Raspberry Pi connected to Go2 via LAN cable), and after setting up the network connection I was able to ping Go2 MCU (192.168.123.161), but I couldn’t ping Go2 External (192.168.123.18), so I couldn’t connect to the robot via ssh.

Please describe in detail, with GO2 Edu, one the manual connection is set and your pis IP range is in 123, you should be able to ping and ssh into the Go2.

Make sure that the LAN is the only active connection and no other device are on e.g. internet, wifi etc. Switch everything off and only the LAN connection to the GO2 should be active.