[Unitree Go1] catkin_make error. robot-upstart installation issues

I cloned the qre_go1 melody version on my Go1 Raspberry Pi and ran catkin_make.

– +++ processing catkin package: ‘go1_bringup’
– ==> add_subdirectory(qre_go1/go1_bringup)
– Could NOT find robot_upstart (missing: robot_upstart_DIR)
– Could not find the required component ‘robot_upstart’. The following CMake error indicates that you either need to install the package with the same name or change your environment so that it can be found.
CMake Error at /opt/ros/melodic/share/catkin/cmake/catkinConfig.cmake:83 (find_package):
Could not find a package configuration file provided by “robot_upstart”
with any of the following names:

robot_upstartConfig.cmake
robot_upstart-config.cmake

Add the installation prefix of “robot_upstart” to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
“robot_upstart_DIR” to a directory containing one of the above files. If
“robot_upstart” provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it
has been installed.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
qre_go1/go1_bringup/CMakeLists.txt:3 (find_package)

– Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also “/home/pi/hector_ws/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log”.
See also “/home/pi/hector_ws/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log”.
make: *** [Makefile:698: cmake_check_build_system] Error 1
Invoking “make cmake_check_build_system” failed

After receiving the above error, I ran the command below to install robots-upstart.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt-get install ros-melodic-robot-upstart
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
E: Unable to locate package ros-melodic-robot-upstart

It said the package could not be found, so I checked the list.
/etc/apt/sources.list is as follows.

deb Index of /debian/ | 清华大学开源软件镜像站 | Tsinghua Open Source Mirror buster main contrib non-free
deb Index of /debian/ | 清华大学开源软件镜像站 | Tsinghua Open Source Mirror buster-updates main contrib non-free
deb Index of /debian/ | 清华大学开源软件镜像站 | Tsinghua Open Source Mirror buster-backports main contrib non-free
deb Index of /debian-security/ | 清华大学开源软件镜像站 | Tsinghua Open Source Mirror buster/updates main contrib non-free

An error occurs when trying apt-get update.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt-get update
Get:1 http://mirrors.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn/raspberrypi buster InRelease [32.6 kB]
Get:2 Index of /raspberrypi/ | 清华大学开源软件镜像站 | Tsinghua Open Source Mirror buster/main armhf Packages [400 kB]
Get:3 Index of /raspberrypi/ | 清华大学开源软件镜像站 | Tsinghua Open Source Mirror buster/main arm64 Packages [311 kB]
Hit:4 Index of /debian/ | 清华大学开源软件镜像站 | Tsinghua Open Source Mirror buster InRelease
Hit:5 Index of /debian/ | 清华大学开源软件镜像站 | Tsinghua Open Source Mirror buster-updates InRelease
Ign:6 Index of /debian/ | 清华大学开源软件镜像站 | Tsinghua Open Source Mirror buster-backports InRelease
Hit:7 Index of /debian-security/ | 清华大学开源软件镜像站 | Tsinghua Open Source Mirror buster/updates InRelease
Err:8 Index of /debian/ | 清华大学开源软件镜像站 | Tsinghua Open Source Mirror buster-backports Release
404 Not Found [IP: 101.6.15.130 443]
Hit:9 http://packages.ros.org/ros/ubuntu buster InRelease
E: The repository ‘Index of /debian/ | 清华大学开源软件镜像站 | Tsinghua Open Source Mirror buster-backports Release’ no longer has a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can’t be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

It was modified as follows.
/etc/apt/sources.list

deb Index of /debian buster-backports main contrib non-free
deb Index of /debian/ | 清华大学开源软件镜像站 | Tsinghua Open Source Mirror buster main contrib non-free
deb Index of /debian/ | 清华大学开源软件镜像站 | Tsinghua Open Source Mirror buster-updates main contrib non-free
#deb Index of /debian/ | 清华大学开源软件镜像站 | Tsinghua Open Source Mirror buster-backports main contrib non-free
deb Index of /debian-security/ | 清华大学开源软件镜像站 | Tsinghua Open Source Mirror buster/updates main contrib non-free

After modification, the update error disappeared.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt-get update
Hit:1 Index of /debian buster-backports InRelease
Hit:2 http://packages.ros.org/ros/ubuntu buster InRelease
Hit:3 Index of /debian/ | 清华大学开源软件镜像站 | Tsinghua Open Source Mirror buster InRelease
Hit:4 Index of /debian/ | 清华大学开源软件镜像站 | Tsinghua Open Source Mirror buster-updates InRelease
Hit:5 Index of /debian-security/ | 清华大学开源软件镜像站 | Tsinghua Open Source Mirror buster/updates InRelease
Hit:6 Index of /raspberrypi/ | 清华大学开源软件镜像站 | Tsinghua Open Source Mirror buster InRelease

However, when I run the install command, it still says that the package cannot be found.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt-get install ros-melodic-robot-upstart
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
E: Unable to locate package ros-melodic-robot-upstart

How do I install robot-upstart?

Dear @Hayden,

Either you can build the robot_upstart repository manually and/or remove the dependency from the CMAKE if you do not want it running on upstart always. Also it is recommended to use the qre_go1 package in the Nvidia.

Dear Sohail,

Thank you for your prompt response.
However, do you recommend installing the qre_go1 package on the Jetson Nano board instead of the Raspberry Pi board?
If so, which of the four boards (raspberrypi board (192.168.123.16), nano_1 (192.168.123.13), nano_2 (192.168.123.14), nano_3 (192.168.123.15)) is most recommended for installation?

You can select any of the boards, we ourselves use the 123.13 PC. The reasons for avoiding the PI is to avoid the issue of bricking and low computation power in it. You can also install ROS in all the PCS and split the processing load If you require between them.

Dear Sohail,

I’m trying to install a package on my jetson nano (192.168.123.13), but there doesn’t seem to be any intuitive way to connect to any kind of internet.

Of the four boards, this is the only one without an external USB connection, so connecting a USB-Ethernet adapter is not possible.

Do you have a solution for that?

Please see tep 4. of Enabling internet