[Unitree A1] UnitreeCameraSdk

Hello dear community,

when using the camera sdk on the Unitree A1 there is the following error:

[WARN:0] global /home/nvidia/host/build_opencv/nv_opencv/modules/videoio/src/cap_gstreamer.cpp (1757) handleMessage OpenCV | GStreamer warning: Embedded video playback halted; module v4l2src0 reported: Internal data stream error.
[WARN:0] global /home/nvidia/host/build_opencv/nv_opencv/modules/videoio/src/cap_gstreamer.cpp (886) open OpenCV | GStreamer warning: unable to start pipeline
[WARN:0] global /home/nvidia/host/build_opencv/nv_opencv/modules/videoio/src/cap_gstreamer.cpp (480) isPipelinePlaying OpenCV | GStreamer warning: GStreamer: pipeline have not been created

I saw in other threads that the processes need to be killed, which I have but it is not working nonetheless with the camera sdk. Any suggestions?

Kind regards

Hi @Martin,

You can disable the Camera startup that is started on the Nvidia by disabling its option on startup.

I’m not sure if it’s in your version of the A1 but when connected to the A1 Nvidia via screen. On the bottom left, open the application menu (a 3x3 grid of grey dots) and search for startup. Select the Startup application and disable the option of the camera and restart the PC, now it should not be starting up the camera driver and sending it via the network.

Regards,
S. O. Sohail

1 Like

Hi @Sohail,

it worked like a charm. Thank you!

Are there any advantages in using the CameraSDK instead of just plain libraries of OpenCV?
OpenCV is working underneath the SDK, too. But are there any specific funcionalities that are delivered by the SDK?

Regards,
Martin

1 Like

Hi @Martin,

I’m not aware of any special features from their SDK which would give it an advantage.

Regards,
S. O. Sohail

1 Like