[Unitree A1] Gazebo Simulation

I’m currently having difficulty controlling the A1 unitree simulation in Gazebo. I have installed the qre a1 repo and all its dependencies. Gazebo launches fine and the A1 model loads, however I don’t know how to control it from here. Below is a picture of the rqt_graph:

If run the command “roslaunch qre_a1_description bringup.launch rviz:=true ll_control:=true” from the documentation I get the following error:

RLException: unused args [robot_config] for include of [/home/tom/catkin_ws/src/qre_a1-3.2.0/a1_description/launch/include/description.launch]

I was able to resolve this by adding the robot_config argument and removing the robot_state_publisher(resolved error of duplicate state_publisher (is already opened in the bringup.launch file) to the description.launch file. But after making this modification, nothing happens when I run the command.

I have also tried publishing directly to the cmd_vel geometry_msgs/Twist topic with:
rostopic pub /cmd_vel geometry_msgs/Twist -r 10000 ‘[10, 0, 0]’ ‘[0, 0, 0]’
However, this also does nothing, which makes sense because there is no cmd_vel topic active. But in the documentation it says that the gazebo launch file runs all the necessary controllers and accept commands in cmd_vel(geometry_msgs/Twist).

Unfortunately I don’t have access to a Logitech F710 Gamepad therefore and can’t test the teleop.launch file

Any help would be appreciated, I’m very new to ROS and I’m not really sure where to go from here.

Dear @Tbrown,

The A1 gazebo is for low-level control. You can provide joint commands to each individual to make it move.

To make all the joints move you can either implement your own gait control or use existing ones such as CHAMP or Towr.