[Unitree A1] failed sudo apt-get update

Hello, I want to use a1 robot to implement the code. I succeeded to remote access to a1 with ssh command(in X86, I know that there are two pcs in the a1 one is x86 another is rasberry pi). So when using it, I need to install docker, but there are some problems. For updating the system, I enter ‘sudo apt-get update’ in terminal but it didn’t work. I did everything to fix it. But I couldn’t find the solutioin. So I am wondering it is related to the version of ubuntu. My a1 robot is ubuntu16.04.6 LTS.

W: Failed to fetch http://ftp.daumkakao.com/ubuntu/dists/xenial/InRelease
W: Failed to fetch http://ftp.daumkakao.com/ubuntu/dists/xenial-updates/InRelease
W: Failed to fetch http://ftp.daumkakao.com/ubuntu/dists/xenial-backports/InRelease
W: Failed to fetch http://ftp.daumkakao.com/ubuntu/dists/xenial-security/InRelease
W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

with this error :frowning:

Dear @dongjukim ,

I hope that you are doing well.

Concerning the issue you are encountering, it appears that the robot lacks a stable internet connection. Please ensure that your robot is connected to the internet to execute the update command. Additionally, be cautious never to upgrade the robot’s packages using the command sudo apt-get upgrade.

Dear @dongjukim,

As @Azib has mentioned firstly the robot does not have access to the internet, secondly, by default, you have to manually give A1 access to the internet as the static connections do not allow for internet access by default.

Thank you for your reply. I will follow your instructions. And could I ask you a question something else? I want to ask about a1’s ip. I have total 2 questions. The first is about ip.
[1]
Screenshot from 2024-01-25 16-17-20
It is screenshot when I commended nmap -sP 192.168.123.*
I couldn’t find 192.168.123.12 ip (maybe rasberry pi) in this command even though I connected the robot with my pc both with wire(front and rear board).
Why this happens?? I don’t know well…

[2] When I connect the hdmi and robot, I couldn’t show anything in my hdmi. I put the hdmi when it is turned off and then turn on, but it didn’t work all the both port(fornt and rear).

Dear @dongjukim,

The A1 has changed over the year and so has the ip of the pi. It seems in your case the pi ip is 192.168.123.161, and most likely the user login is pi and the password is 123. It is recommended to not build or work on the pi but to work on the Nvidia board instead.

The HDMI should be plugged in before powering the robot and it should work, please ensure that the screen is powered on and that the correct channel is selected. Sometimes, the screen shuts off from either the pi or Nvidia due to power saving mode.

Umm. Thank you. But I couldn’t find the Nvidia board ip. I want to access nvidia board too like pi with ssh command(ssh unitree@192.168.123.161 : it is pi connecting). And I plugged in before powering the robot but it didn’t work at all. I connected it mini hdmi

I am wondering the internal hdmi connection parts are broken

And, I want to ask you static connections exactly! (At first, I will do alone searching google but could you let me know in detail? Thank you for your kindess)

Could you try plugging in the ethernet cable in the back of the robot and try nmap again both in 192.168.123.* as well as 192.168.0.*, ensuring that your own pc has the correct network connection when you do so.

It may be the case the connection has been disrupted.

@Sohail ahh…
Screenshot from 2024-01-25 17-14-42
I plugged in the ethernet cable in the back.But it doesn’t appear related to the Nvidia board
Also I did 192.168.0.* but anything didn’t appear

@Azib Can you please check?

@dongjukim It appears that the Nvidia device is not receiving power properly, suggesting three potential issues: either the power connection cable is damaged, the Nvidia image is corrupted, or the Nvidia device itself is faulty.

In that case, should I have to change the nvidia board??

ip 192.168.123.161 is x86 architecture right?? If right, it is not the pi I guess… If I confused this concept, tell me freely.

@dongjukim I suggest installing “neofetch” on the Unitree PC and executing the command neofetch . This command will provide comprehensive information about the connected PC, including whether it is an Nvidia device or a Raspberry Pi.

It seems, the A1 version you have does not have the pi, instead an atom board. You can run

sudo apt-get install neofetch

and then run

neofetch

If you do not have internet access, please refer to this forum post.

You can check if you have internet by running the command:

ping google.com