Gazebo simulation isse 11.2 TurtleBot3 Simulation using Gazebo

I get the following error when tryling to start the gazebo simulation. The turtlebot3_gazebo package is not installed. How can I install this package?

udo@udo-OptiPlex-7010:~$ roslaunch turtlebot3_gazebo turtlebot3_empty_world.launch
[turtlebot3_empty_world.launch] is neither a launch file in package [turtlebot3_gazebo] nor is [turtlebot3_gazebo] a launch file name
The traceback for the exception was written to the log file
udo@udo-OptiPlex-7010:~$

You can install turtlebot3 gazebo package by the following command:

$ sudo apt install ros-your_ROS_distro-turtlebot3-gazebo

Question regarding 12.2 software setup. How to install open_manipulator package?
Thanks for your support.

You can install the OpenManipulator packages with follwoing command:

$ sudo apt-get install ros-kinetic-ros-controllers ros-kinetic-gazebo* ros-kinetic-moveit* ros
kinetic-dynamixel-sdk ros-kinetic-dynamixel-workbench-toolbox ros-kinetic-robotis-math ros
kinetic-industrial-core

Please take care of the given ROS Distro. With this command you will install all packages based on Kinetic.

Nevertheless I would highly recommend the ROBOTIS ROS Ebook: https://www.mybotshop.de/download/ROS_Robot_Programming_EN.pdf. You can find a very detailed explanation of TB3 & OpenManipultor starting from page 397.

After installing the openmanipulator packages I get the following error:
udo@udo-OptiPlex-7010:~/catkin_ws$ roslaunch open_manipulator_with_tb3_description open_manipulator_with_tb3_rviz.launch
[open_manipulator_with_tb3_rviz.launch] is neither a launch file in package [open_manipulator_with_tb3_description] nor is [open_manipulator_with_tb3_description] a launch file name
udo@udo-OptiPlex-7010:~/catkin_ws$

Where do you’ve read the command? It seems you are trying to run a launch file which doesn’t exist.
Do you’ve followed the steps which were described in the Robotis ROS Ebook started from page 397?

I am following the turtlebot3 emanual
http://emanual.robotis.com/docs/en/platform/turtlebot3/manipulation/#manipulation

@udomi I hope you downloaded and configured the software using the guide provided here. After installation and catkin_make step you have to source the workspace which you are using and the software is in it. that can be done by source ~/catkin_ws/devel/setup.bash. In this way terminal will be able to find the installed packages and executables.

These are all ros basic questions and problems. I will highly reccomend you to go through this book or may be some similar resources. Also you can find plenty of questions on answers.ros.org or just by Google.

Hello Tahir,

even so I did follow the instructions of the turtlebot3 guide in detail I can not find the package ```
open_manipulator_with_tb3_description

I think the package name may be different. This is quite frustrating

First you need to check where and how is your package being installed.
From the tutorial it is installed in catkin_ws. Please check that and let me know if there is any over there.
Your package name can’t be different this should be the same for everyone. I will highly recommend to you to go through the above mentioned book it will help you in all these settings and concepts.

udo@udo-OptiPlex-7010:~$ ROS_NAMESPACE=om_with_tb3 roslaunch open_manipulation_bringup turtlebot3_manipulation_bringup.launch
[turtlebot3_manipulation_bringup.launch] is neither a launch file in package [open_manipulation_bringup] nor is [open_manipulation_bringup] a launch file name
udo@udo-OptiPlex-7010:~$

please execute the following commands in the terminal as the terminal is not able to find the package or launch file:

cd catkin_ws
catkin_make
source devel/setup.bash
ROS_NAMESPACE=om_with_tb3 roslaunch turtlebot3_bringup turtlebot3_robot.launch multi_robot_name:=om_with_tb3 set_lidar_frame_id:=om_with_tb3/base_scan

if this didn’t solve your problem please contact our customer services department to get a personalized help.

Hello Tahir,

this is the result of these actions.
udo@udo-OptiPlex-7010:~$ ROS_NAMESPACE=om_with_tb3 roslaunch turtlebot3_bringup turtlebot3_robot.launch multi_robot_name:=om_with_tb3 set_lidar_frame_id:=om_with_tb3/base_scan
… logging to /home/udo/.ros/log/d6427842-6dcd-11ea-a572-b8ca3aac9072/roslaunch-udo-OptiPlex-7010-8847.log
Checking log directory for disk usage. This may take awhile.
Press Ctrl-C to interrupt
Done checking log file disk usage. Usage is <1GB.

started roslaunch server http://192.168.0.55:43502/

SUMMARY

PARAMETERS

• /om_with_tb3/turtlebot3_core/baud: 115200
  • /om_with_tb3/turtlebot3_core/port: /dev/ttyACM0
  • /om_with_tb3/turtlebot3_core/tf_prefix: om_with_tb3
  • /om_with_tb3/turtlebot3_lds/frame_id: om_with_tb3/base_…
  • /om_with_tb3/turtlebot3_lds/port: /dev/ttyUSB0
  • /rosdistro: kinetic
  • /rosversion: 1.12.14

NODES
/om_with_tb3/
turtlebot3_core (rosserial_python/serial_node.py)
turtlebot3_diagnostics (turtlebot3_bringup/turtlebot3_diagnostics)
turtlebot3_lds (hls_lfcd_lds_driver/hlds_laser_publisher)

ROS_MASTER_URI=http://192.168.0.55:11311

process[om_with_tb3/turtlebot3_core-1]: started with pid [8865]
ERROR: cannot launch node of type [hls_lfcd_lds_driver/hlds_laser_publisher]: hls_lfcd_lds_driver
ROS path [0]=/opt/ros/kinetic/share/ros
ROS path [1]=/home/udo/catkin_ws/src
ROS path [2]=/opt/ros/kinetic/share
process[om_with_tb3/turtlebot3_diagnostics-3]: started with pid [8866]
[INFO] [1585054431.701238]: ROS Serial Python Node
[INFO] [1585054431.708942]: Connecting to /dev/ttyACM0 at 115200 baud
[ERROR] [1585054431.711317]: Error opening serial: [Errno 2] could not open port /dev/ttyACM0: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/dev/ttyACM0’
[om_with_tb3/turtlebot3_core-1] process has finished cleanly
log file: /home/udo/.ros/log/d6427842-6dcd-11ea-a572-b8ca3aac9072/om_with_tb3-turtlebot3_core-1*.log

Hi so with above mentioned process now you can see the process was started.
I don’t know which sensors does your turtlebot have.
Now the new ERROR (The first one) is because of the range sensor node. Which can be installed by:

sudo apt install ros-YOUR_ROS_DISTRO-hls-lfcd-lds-driver

Next ERROR is saying that on port there is no device connected. You need to check that as well. You can also check some other roslaunch files which will run minimal needed package.

Hello Tahir,

thanks for your help. I will try to find my way to get turtlebot3 with openmanipulator up and running. Based on my understanding it should work with the package turtlebot3_manipulator_with_tb3 and not the package you proposed. The Robotis emanual for turtlebot3 is ok, for turtlebot3 and openmanipulator it is a mess.