Ecl_threads cmake build error

Hello Guys,

I’m trying to get the qre_go1 package to work on one of the nano’s for running the camera’s. I have installed the ecl_threads package via ssh into the share directory. When I run catkin build I’m getting an error saying the package config files in ecl_threads can’t be found. I"ve tried a couple of things and checked the cmake and package.xml, but it should be working. I’ve also deleted the build and devel folders in the workspace and ran catkin build again to rebuild them, but that unfortunately gave me the same error. The CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH should also be correct.

Do you have any idea as to what I’m doing wrong?

Hi Kenneth,

Seems you are missing a ros package:

sudo apt-get install ros-noetic-ecl-threads*

Yes I know, but the nano is running ROS Melodic and I can’t directly install it on the nano because It’s not connected to the internet. So I’ve downloaded the ecl_threads package and put it on the nano via the “scp -r” command into the “opt/ros/melodic/share” folder. but I can’t use the install command, because the go1 doesn’t have internet access.

For that, you can connect the GO1 via ethernet that has the internet and disable its (GO1 Nvidia’s) network bridge, install the required components, and then, in the end, re-enable the network bridge. Information for this is available in one of the previous forums with A1 but the the procedure is the same for GO1.

Alternatively, you can connect a USB WiFi module and gain access to internet via that!

I’ve tried these options, but I can’t get it to work. I turned of the network bridge l4tbr0 on one of the nano’s, but it unfortunately didn’t work. Ones I create a shared connection via ethernet I can’t connect anymore with go1 via ssh. Is connecting directly to the modem via ethernet an option?

Once you create a shared connection then the IP of the Nano will change but the password will remain the same. You can use the nmap -sP 192.168.0.* to find the new IP alternatively, you can connect to the respective nano via HDMI.

1 Like

Thx, I can connect to the internet now. Have not had the time yet to try install the package.