Connecting a Turtlebot3 to a RC-100B Remote Control without bluetooth

Hi all,

I have a Turtlebot 3 Burger and got a RC-100B Remote Control and I’m trying to connect them.

According to this Robotis tutorial you need to buy an additional IR receiver, or two zigbees, or two bluetooth modules. However, the customer support of Mybotshop keeps insisting that the remote should work out of the box without any additional modules. Can someone verify whether one of these communication modes (IR/BT/ZB) is supposed to work with the RC-100B + Turtlebot3 Burger combo out-of-the-box without any additional modules?

Hi Martijn,

please note you need an adapter for sure, but it is included in the Turtlebot3 packaging, therefore the controller is compatible with TB3, as mentioned in the product description and manual.

@willson may you could assist as well?

Thanks for your response.

The Turtlebot3 Burger (see link above, standard edition) does not include a BT/IR/ZB dongle. Only the Turtlebot3 Waffle comes with a BT dongle, and it also includes the remote controller so no need to buy it separately.

So the information on the website is not correct, the bluetooth module is actually needed for the Turtlebot3 (Burger edition). I recommend updating the product page description. I’ll pick it up with the support employee to return the remote controller. With a BT dongle added, €80 for a simple BT remote is also way overprised.